OBS without GUI

jsanchezdor

Hello,

If I want to use multiple cameras in Zoom without changing them in the web camera selector, I have considered using OBS as a camera switcher (with scenes). To do this, I would need to create a scene per camera and send the resulting video to the virtual camera. The problem is that I can't show on screen that we are using OBS. Is there any way to do this?

To switch scenes, I could make a small program that shows the available cameras and when you click on a button, send the corresponding command to select the scene.

Thank you in advance.

Second monitors are cheap, and very nice for Zoom screen shares and computer use in general. Put OBS on the second monitor.

If you want to see all the cameras at once in order to select them, use OBS multiview to show all your scenes on second monitor. OBS main window could be on that monitor, or on the monitor with Zoom, tucked behind Zoom unless you need it.

If you don't need to see the cameras before selecting, you could use OBS hotkeys to select cameras, and keep OBS tucked out of sight behind Zoom on one monitor. You can configure OBS hotkeys to be active only when OBS has focus, or always. Configure OBS hotkeys for "Always", and assign hotkeys that don't do anything in Zoom.

aquawise

I tried multiview, but it took a lot of my CPU power. My system has marginal power. I'd love a second monitor with multiview, but unsure how much crunch power you need. I have a faster laptop to try.